Sunday, June 10, 2007


Three down, five to go. Proposals that is. I've heard back from three of the eight agents I submitted proposals to, all rejections.

Sigh.

Being a writer means living with rejection. Lots of if. Thankfully, I've discovered a bit of wisdom that helps me to live with it.

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!

Not every editor, agent, publisher is going to be foaming at the mouth, waiting to snatch up my book because they are certain it'll be the next big story.

There is that one, however, who believes in my work and can't wait to sign me so he or she can start helping me accomplish my dream. I just have to find them. That's why I'm adding to my list of potential agents and preparing query letters and proposals as I speak...er, type. The list is growing! Anything to help better my odds, right?

1 comments :

Southern-fried Fiction said...

You got that right, Lisa! They're out there. God has just the one for you. But sometimes, don't you wish He'd send you an email with their name on it? ;o)

Newsletter Subscribe

* indicates required
Email Format

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Popular Posts

Recent Posts