Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ane Mulligan tagged me with some great questions for readers and writers. Since I’m always looking for excuses not to work, I decided to play along!

Here are the questions:

1. What's the one book or writing project you haven't yet written but still hope to?

I would love to finish a book I started several years ago about Scottish king, Malcolm Canmore. Just haven’t had the time (or energy) to finish the research, what with all the mysteries I’ve been working on lately.

2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with?

My daughter is taking an Honors English course next year with required summer reading. Two of those books are Lord of the Flies and Catcher in the Rye. I think I would read Catcher in the Rye again, just to refresh my memory. It’s been years since I read that one.

3. What was your first writing "instrument" (besides pen and paper)?

Besides pen and paper? Well, that would have to be my computer. I never really used a typewriter much, except when I was at work.

4. What's your best guess as to how many books you read in a month?

I try to read at least two or three books a month, more if I happen to be judging a contest. I like to stay current on the kinds of projects other people are working on, and what publishers are buying.

5. What's your favorite writing "machine" you've ever owned?

My Toshiba laptop. I LOVE that thing! I can write anywhere, including my bed. Really helps when I want to meet my word count for the day, if I can flip the thing open first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

6. Think historical fiction: what's your favorite time period in which to read?

Ah. . .I love medieval and regency tales. Knights. Kings. Dukes and Duchesses. What’s not to love? They are all thoroughly romanticized, of course, with none of the icky truth of living in the time period—things like no indoor plumbing, deodorant, or personal hygiene products. Still. . .

7. What's the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)?

No Flying in the House by Betty Brock. I LOVED that story. Must have read it a thousand times. In fact, pondering this question made me think back to that book, and I went ahead and ordered a copy from Amazon.

2 comments :

Southern-fried Fiction said...

Fun, Lisa! I want to see you write that Scottish historical. My favorite historical series started in 1379 and ended in the mid-1500s.

Janelle said...

No Flying in the House? Never heard of that one, but you'd better let Max read it. That little bugger really zips around the rooms. (When he's done, I'd like to read it. Sounds interesting.)
And like Ane, I'd like to see you finish that Scottish historical too.

Newsletter Subscribe

* indicates required
Email Format

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Popular Posts

Recent Posts