Friday, August 31, 2007

So. . .just how much AM I willing to give in order to pursue a career in writing?

That question ate at me this summer. Would I give up a good paying job? Social time with friends? Would I dedicate myself to excellence? Would I pursue all avenues and market myself effectively?

Hmm…so far I can only answer that first question, and it’s ‘yes,’ I would.

I resigned my position working for a public school. In fact, tomorrow is my last day. I did it because the time constraints were too restrictive and the pressures too strenuous to allow me to write effectively. I did it because though I was good at what I did, I no longer loved it, and I resented the energy it required. I did it because deep in my heart, I believe God called me to write.

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,” the scripture says. I just couldn’t write ‘with all heart’ and still work full-time, parent full-time, be a full-time wife and part-time youth minister. So, after much prayer and some tears, I turned in my resignation. Now, I don’t know how far down this writing path I will actually walk, but at least I’m finally getting serious about taking the plunge.

2 comments :

Southern-fried Fiction said...

WooHoo, Lisa!!!!! Way to go! Now I can't wait to see what comes. God's richest blessings on your writing time, my friend.

Jessica Ferguson said...

You'll do great, Lisa. I was surprised when I flipped over here to see if you'd posted, to find we're on the same page scripturally. :)

I expect this 2007 ACFW conference to get us pumped. And I'm expecting great things for all of us critiquers. :)

Newsletter Subscribe

* indicates required
Email Format

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Popular Posts

Recent Posts