Tuesday, April 07, 2009


Max’ism: Be Faithful
Deuteronomy 7:8-10


Part of Max’s charm is his absolute, unconditional faithfulness.

He attends me everywhere I go. When I go into the living room, he follows. When I wake in the middle of the night, he wakes, and his eyes remained fixed to me until my head returns to the pillow. When I rise to go into the kitchen to prepare a meal, he sits beside me at the stove. Even when I go into the bathroom, Max lies next to the door and waits until I finish. He’s like a long, low shadow.

It is from watching his display that I understand a little bit of God’s faithfulness toward us…and I understand a little bit of what it means to be faithful to God.

God is so worthy, so deserving of my undying devotion, and yet it is He who is faithful. He goes with me everywhere I go. He watches over me as I sleep, and sits beside me when I wake. I am in His every thought, and it is for me that He sent His Son to die.

What would my life be like were I to live every moment in utter faithfulness to my heavenly Father? Though I have not yet learned it fully, I intend to spend the rest of my finding out.

2 comments :

Edna said...

I like your blog and enjoyed reading it, I would love to be entered into a contest to win books or whatever. I love to read.

Elizabeth Ludwig said...

Wonderful, Edna. Don't be afraid to leave guesses on the Monday Mysteries. I even leave hints every now and then...

Newsletter Subscribe

* indicates required
Email Format

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Popular Posts

Recent Posts