Thursday, February 04, 2010


Ah...writing.

When I started this journey, I had no idea the twists and turns the road would take. Just this week, for example, I received two emails that typified the highs and lows of publication.

The first was from my agent on a proposal we sent out based on Ellis Island. The first publisher said pass, which really stunk, because no matter how many books you publish, rejections hurt!

The second publisher is "still looking."

Believe it or not, that is really good news. Editors are not going to waste their time on books they can't seriously consider, so if one says they're looking...that's a good thing.

The second message came from my editor at Barbour regarding books two and three of my mystery series. After months of no news, it now appears these books will NOT be released as an omnibus. Instead, they will be released as single titles next year (tentative dates are May and November, 2011). What a surprise!

Barbour has plans in the works for a new line of books that will incorporate a few of the mysteries formerly contracted for Heartsong Presents. Hometown Mysteries is the series name being bandied about. I can't wait to see the final direction Barbour decides to take on this. I'll keep you updated!

Anyway, my point is this...there are highs and lows that come with pursuing your passion. Having taught a lesson just last night on the benefits of perserverance, I guess I'll just keep a steady supply of chocolate on hand and keep plugging along.

0 comments :

Newsletter Subscribe

* indicates required
Email Format

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Popular Posts

Recent Posts