Tuesday, March 06, 2007


Whoever told me writing would be easy should be shot.

Oops. No one told me that. I just thought that. Thank goodness I am quickly learning all of the other things that come along with being a full-time author, like writing newsletter articles—something I thought I’d never do.

A friend of mine contacted me recently to ask me if I might be interested in joining a local writer’s group.

Another group…uh…no thanks.

Except that this one is small and relatively in my neighborhood. So I agreed to go. I’m thankful I did. Now, thanks to this tip, I’ve made even more contacts, and I’ve been invited to submit articles for a local church newsletter. Surprise! While the circulation may not be as impressive as some, this little newsletter is accomplishing something locally that I could never hope to accomplish on my own. It’s getting my name out. It’s building a readership.

I’ve said it before…being a writer involves so much more than just penning fiction. Check out your local church newsletters. Find out what it takes to start submitting, and get started! You’ll be glad you did.

2 comments :

Southern-fried Fiction said...

Good idea, Lisa. Which reminds me ... I speaking at my church at a ladies coffeehouse this month. Gulp.

Elizabeth Ludwig said...

Ooo! Have fun, Ane. I know you will do a good job.

Newsletter Subscribe

* indicates required
Email Format

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Popular Posts

Recent Posts