Wednesday, April 01, 2009


I attended the first ever Christian Book Expo last week. Expected attendees were projected in the thousands. As I'm sure you've heard by now, the actual number was far lower, and yet I'm so very grateful that I went. Why? Well, take a look at the pictures that follow. Very rarely do I get to meet and fellowship with friends and other writers on such a scale as this. Pictured here (from left) are Carrie Turansky, Janelle Mowery, me, Susan Downs, Christine Lynxwiler, and Kim Vogel Sawyer.

Added to that, I got to meet one of my all time favorite writers, Max Lucado. When I texted my husband to show him the picture, the dear man asked if Max had asked me to sign a book for him! LOL! Um...no. Maybe someday?

For those of you who already love Max Lucado, I feel compelled to share a special thing that happened at his book signing. Though a long line had formed of people wanting Mr. Lucado's autograph, he still took the time to speak to people who could not attend the CBE over the telephone! This was not simply a 'hi, how are you' kind of conversation. He was very gracious, exactly as I imagined he would be, and it was an honor to meet him.

Mr. Lucado wasn't the only author signing books at the Expo, however. My own book signing with Janelle was also a success. We handed out several bookmarks, Post-It pads, and other promotional materials to passersby, and even sold a few books. As in events past, Janelle and I held a drawing for a Mystery Basket filled with goodies and cozy mysteries. Congratulations to Blaine... the winner of the basket. Your prize should be arriving soon! When we weren't signing books, we spent some time visiting with friends. Pictured here (from left) is Janelle Mowery, me, Susan Downs and Kim Vogel Sawyer.

Barbour's booth at the Expo was beautiful--relaxed and elegant. I was so proud to be a part of this great team. Pictured here (from left) are Christine Lynxwiler, Carrie Turansky, Susan Downs, Wanda Brunstetter, Janelle Mowery, Rebecca Germany, Kim Vogel Sawyer, Mary Connealy, and me. Mary Connealy's book, Calico Canyon, was nominated for a Christy Award at the Expo. Way to go, Mary!

An unexpected bonus of attending the Expo was the worship times held on Friday and Saturday nights. Sheila Walsh and others hosted the event on Saturday night, and what blessing it was! I was exhausted after three busy days, but I am so glad I didn't skip. Nicole C. Mullen, pictured here to the right, rocked the house with her moving and beautiful performance. For a couple of the songs, she had no track music, just her guitar and her powerful voice. What a blessing!! And what a perfect way to close the Expo.

2 comments :

Kim Vogel Sawyer said...

It was such a pleasure to see you, LIsa, and thanks for sharing about the worship services! I wasn't able to attend them, so it's neat to get a glimpse through your eyes. Blessings to you today!

Elizabeth Ludwig said...

Hi, Kim!! It was great to see you, too. I so enjoyed spending a few moments with old friends in Dallas.

Newsletter Subscribe

* indicates required
Email Format

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Popular Posts

Recent Posts